Wednesday 4 April 2012

Day 2, Tuesday

To start up my residency, and get some work filling the space, I have been making pinched bowls: 15 yesterday and 15 today. 15 is an easy number to finish at a time, without overtaxing one's pinching fingers. As I pinch with both my left and right hands the strain is shared between them and is lessened. 

Finishing yesterday's bowls this morning

Pinching 15 more

The air is so dry that the day's bowls can be footed by afternoon. Decoration starts on the first group.

Bray sunset

2 comments:

FetishGhost said...

I've been stranded so far out of the loop lately that I missed getting to enjoy hearing that you are getting to play at the Bray! I'm looking forward to finding your work hidden in the corners when it's my turn to play.

Tracey Broome said...

Is Lindsay Pichaske still there? I worked with her here in Chapel Hill, if she is there,tell her hello from N.C., she may not remember me, we worked together briefly at the Artscenter and Claymakers and then she went on to do amazing things :)
You are going to have such a wonderful time, looking forward to reading about your adventure!