Tuesday 14 October 2008

Decorating


Hard as it is to get back to work after nearly a month in South Africa, I have a lot to get done before the firing next week of pinch bowls for the Galerie Besson show in London (opening the 17th November).
I am bisque firing them to prevent breakages on the trip down to Guldagergaard.
I have about thirty to decorate and will make another 20 -25.
Here are the first 6 done this morning...
This is the first photo on my blog taken with my beautiful new camera - Pansonic Lumix DMC FX12.
My previous camera fell out of my pocket and into the deep waters of the Vaal river nea Johannesburg. Although I retrieved it, it could do nothing, even after a week's careful drying. This was it's last picture:

1 comment:

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

I can't wait to see all your pinch when they are finished. Thanks for suggesting your blog. It is quite interesting. I will be back.

My son was in South Africa this past summer. He fell in love with the people and atmosphere and hopes to return soon.

Natalie