I am catching up once more with the blog, having sent off work to the US for the 3 exhibitions I will be a part of this Spring.
I would like to show these photos taken at speed in the newly re-opened ceramic galleries at the V & A Museum in London during my one-day London stopover recently.
The V & A collections and a particularly a Hans Coper and Peter Collingwood exhibition which I saw when I was living and working in London in the late 1960's have remained vividly etched in my memory.
Galerie Besson put on a Collingwood + Coper exhibition exhibition last year - 40 years after the V & A show.
The pot on the left and theblack one on the right are from 1968, and were probably in that show. Sorry about the glass reflection......
William Staite Murray was someone I looked up to and his tall pots got me making toweringly thrown wobbly pots in my first workshop in Morar, Invernessshire in the 60's.
Gillian Lowndes - then, as now, an inspiration.
i'm so envious... would love to go there. coper's work has always blown me away... beautiful piece there on the left
ReplyDeleteI was just looking at some Leach tiles yesterday! In the de Waal book about the man. The painting is so stylized and wonderful. Thanks for sharing your visit!
ReplyDelete